We have benefited from the work on a number of Web sites, organizations, and authors. The following list includes links to a number of these sources. We hope you will suggest additions by contact us here.
- Pinchot University
- Columbia University School of Business
- GreenMBA at Dominican University of California Barowsky School of Business
- Green Mountain College School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- HBS Green Business Alumni Association
- The KaosPilots- a self-governing institution comprised of a school and a consultancy.
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Presidio School of Management
- Tuck School of Business
- UMass Dartmouth Business School
- University of Colorado-Boulder
- University of Michigan Business School
- University of Saint Mary
- Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE)- network of socially responsible businesses.
- Business Ethics- online magazine covering ethics, corporate responsibility and socially responsible investing.
- Fourth Sector- a network of enterprises, entrepreneurs, individuals and supportive organizations to grow sustainably.
- GEMI- offers 30 publicly-available, solutions-based tools to help companies improve the environment and operations.
- JustMeans- source of information and connections for the sustainable business industry.
- Money & Impact Investing Directory- resources for positive social/environmental impacts through money, business, & investing.
- Natural Capitalism Solutions- works with business, government and civil society on principles of sustainability.
- QED Consulting- provides customized ethics & integrity training courses for all levels, and across industries, globally.
- Skytop Strategies- convenes company stakeholders on sustainable value and the emerging corporate citizen.
- Social Venture Network- connects business leaders and social entrepreneurs in building a sustainable economy.
- SRI-Connect- facilitates communication between companies, investors & their advisors on sustainability issues.
- Sustainable Life Media- inspire and equip companies to drive business and brand value by innovating sustainability.
- Sustrana- online SMS with guidance and tools for sustainability strategy development and ongoing plan management.
- B Corporation- B Corps use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Certification required.
- UL Environment- offers independent green claims validation, product certification, and standards development.
Environmental and Social Information
- Care2- provides tools for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most.
- Causecast- provides solutions to incorporate actions and impact tracking for your cause-related marketing efforts.
- The Daily Green- a consumer's guide to green from Good Housekeeping
- Ecoplum- a green shopping rewards site and eco information destination.
- Recyclebank- provides information, tools, training, and rewards regarding recycling.
- Sustainablog- blog covering environmental and economic sustainability and green issues.
- The Green Living Guy- site for the author and editor of alternative energy books, Seth Leitman.
- Treehugger- media outlet for green news, solutions, and product information.
- WikiPositive- a free, collaborative platform designed to be a starting point for social and environmental research.
- Yes!Magazine - reframes the biggest problems of our time in terms of their solutions online and in print.
Foundations and Not-For-Profit Organizations
- 2 Degrees- a sustainable business community. Access knowledge, solve problems, make contact, & find green jobs.
- American Sustainable Business Council(ASBC) - runs public information campaigns for a just and sustainable economy.
- David Suzuki Foundation- provides environmental conserving science-based education, advocacy and policy work.
- Environmental Defense Fund- working to find practical environmental solutions.
- org- find practical solutions to social and environmental problems, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect.
- Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility- through the lens of faith, integrates social values into investor actions.
- Invested Interests- helps people know if their investments reflect their values.
- Investing For the Soul- resources for spiritually or ethically oriented investors and investment professionals.
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) - professional association of sustainability practitioners.
- Rainforest Alliance- works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods.
- Sustainability HQ- Governance & Accountability Institute’s proprietary research and monitoring platform.
- Trust Across America- alliance of global experts working to build trustworthy behavior in organizations.
- US SIF- U.S. assoc. for professionals and organizations engaged in socially responsible and sustainable investing.
- William James Foundation- manages socially responsible business plan competitions.
- 3BL Media- help organizations to tell their CSR, Sustainability and Cause Marketing stories across the social web.
- CSRwire- provides corporate social responsibility and sustainability news, reports, events and information.
- Environmental Leader- daily trade publication for environmental and energy management news.
- Greenbiz- source for news, opinion, best practices, and other resources on the greening of mainstream business.
- Grist- dishes out environmental news and commentary with a wry twist
- Guardian Environment- an online environmental section of the UK newspaper, The Guardian.
- Huffington Post Green- offers syndicated columnists, blogs and news stories with moderated comments.
- Reuters Green Business News- global reporting on green business, green investing, and the environment.
- Stanford Social Innovation- magazine covering strategies for nonprofits, foundations, and responsible businesses.
- Triple Pundit- new-media company for the business community that cultivates understanding of the triple bottom line.
- CR Job Boards, list of corporate responsibility job board links collected by the CROAssociation.
- Global Ethics and Integrity Benchmarks©- tool for helping organizations assess and measure their progress in making a formal and transparent commitment to ethics and integrity in the workplace.
- Sustainable Industries Webinar, Dr. Anastasia O’Rourke, Co-Founder Big Room Inc.
- Learn How to Become, a guidebook for students and young professionals seeking careers in the non-profit sector.
- aktionaersforum- an interactive forum where companies, investors, and other stakeholders can engage in dialogue.
- Net Impact- a global network of leaders who are changing the world through business.
- NYC CSR Meetup- a CSR, sustainability and corporate citizenship professional networking organization.
Software and Service Providers
- CRedit360- specialist provider of sustainability software, gathering and managing sustainability data.
- CSRware- pioneer in the delivery of sustainability resource management software using a cloud-based model.
- OneReport- leading provider of corporate responsibility (CR) information management and reporting services. For details on our partnership with OneReport, see this page.
- Scope5- sustainability data management software tools helping organizations improve cost, revenue and risk management.
- Source Intelligence- provides innovative ways of accessing, managing and leveraging intelligence to drive sustainable supply chain management.
- Sustainable Minds- B2B cloud provider of environmental product transparency applications, data and services to help product manufacturers design and market greener products.
- Tennaxia- leader offering EHS Regulatory Monitoring Software and CSR Reporting Software solutions.
- BrownFlynn- a woman-owned sustainability consulting firm who advise organizations on how to integrate responsible practices, communicate for bottom-line impact, and provide training to build skills and engage associates.
- CSE- leading global sustainability (CSR) consulting, coaching, and training firm.
- CSRFI- collaboration between CSR conference & consultancy firms, MHCi & TBLi, provide CSR & Finance training internationally.
- EKOS International- partner with companies to accelerate sustainable business innovation for bottom line results.
- Ellio LLP- strategic sustainability consulting firm specializing in training, sustainability operations & life cycle analysis.
- Gil Friend – Natural Logic- design, implement and measure profitable sustainability strategies.
- ISOS Group- innovative, sustainability consultancy firm serving the needs of client companies across the world.
- Seed Systems- works with individuals, teams, organizations, and networks to transform to a sustainable world.
- SustainAbility- think tank and strategy consultancy working with business leadership on the sustainability agenda.
- Mallen Baker- mallenbaker.net, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Elaine Cohen- csr-reporting
- David Conner- David Coethica's Blog
- Andrew Crane & Dirk Matten- Crane and Matten blog
- Dan Gray- Live Long and Prosper
- Marc Gunther- Marc Gunther
- Chris Jarvis & Angela Parker- Realizing Your Worth
- Chris MacDonald- The Business Ethics Blog
- Gia Machlin- EcoPlum the Blog
- Joel Makower- Joel Makower
- Kevin Moss- CSR Perspective
- Christopher P. Skroupa- Skytop Strategies - Forbes
- Andrew Winston- Andrew Winston, Finding the Gold in Green